Tue, Jan 10|
Siblings Without Rivalry Group Online Workshop (2 Hours x 7 Weeks)
“That’s mine!” … “No, mine!” “He punched me!” “I never touched him!” “You love him more than me!” You don’t have to grapple with the problems of sibling rivalry on your own. Now you can get together with other parents, share frustrations, and study the basic principles for reducing conflict.
Time & Location
Jan 10, 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM MST
About the event
Facilitated by Sarah Blais. An Award Winning workshop based on Elaine Mazlish and Adele Faber's best selling parenting book.
Session 1 - 15th November 2022. Session 2 - 22nd November. Session 3 - 29th November. Session 4 - 6th December. Session 5 - 13th December. HOLIDAY BREAK of 2 Weeks. Session 6 - 3rd January 2023. Final Session - 10th January 2023.
This Workshop (7 sessions of 2 hours each) has won the enthusiastic praise of parents, grandparents, foster parents, guardians, nannies, babysitters and professionals worldwide. The author's practical, down-to-earth methods give you the know-how you need to create relationships with children of all ages - from tots to teens - that are less stressful and far more rewarding.
- Helping Siblings Deal with Their Feelings About Each Other - What happens to brothers and sisters when their hostile feelings about each other are ignored or denied? Four specific methods for helping children express their negative feelings to each other without doing damage.
- Keeping Children Separate and Unequal - How siblings react when they are compared to each other - unfavorably or even favorably. Effective alternatives to comparisons. How siblings feel about always being treated equally. Ways to treat children unequally and still be fair.
- Siblings in Roles - Why brothers and sister are often cast, and cast each other, into different roles. A look at how powerfully these roles affect their relationships with each other. Skills that free each child to become his or her most whole self.
- When the Kids Fight - What can you do when fighting breaks out between the children? An exploration of commonly used strategies that backfire. A chance to practice the skills that reduce rage and motivate children to work out their own solutions.
- Problem Solving - A method for helping children deal with the problems they can't work out for themselves. A simple ten-step approach that enables adults to sit down with the young combatants so that they can move toward resolving their conflicts.
- A Final Review - Time to review and consolidate your skills. Exercises give you practice in applying everything you learned to potentially explosive situations. Finally, an opportunity to take a second look at your own adult sibling relationships from your new perspective.
- Real Life Check In - An opportunity to share with the group all the positive progress you have made at home, in real life(!), based on sessions 1-6. Also to focus your attention on any ongoing area of challenge, gain advanced skills and brainstorm with your group.
Workshop - All 7 Sessions
From $199.00 to $299.00
This one ticket covers all 7 Sessions (sold as a workshop). Refunds of 50% up to 12noon on November 12th. No refunds will be given after 12noon on November 12th - as the place has been taken and tickets are no longer available.
From $199.00 to $299.00Price optionPriceQuantityTotal